Wednesday 23 March 2016

SEARCHING

I searched for ‘adventure’ and it said it was an unusual, exciting or daring experience. The searching wasn't that exciting. I was still sat in front of my computer. 
I searched for inspiration and I decided that image of a lightbulb that was returned wasn't at all inspirational in and of itself.

So I searched for ‘enlightenment’ and what do you know? I spent a whole hour finding out stuff around the subject of 'The enlightenment’. 

But I still hadn't moved.

I sat stock-still like a tree, roots reaching out into a world of facts and information, roots that stretched around the world sucking at the sap of our accumulated knowledge. What did I learn? Lots of stuff. I saw a million images as if I'd sprouted many extra sets of eyes that popped from my head and flew out into the world. Omniscience only eluded me because the shininess of each new fact dimmed so quickly when the next one came along.

So I shutdown my computer and went out. It was cold. There was a light drizzle. It prickled my skin and formed dew drops on my eyelashes until I blinked them away. Some people that I passed gave me strange looks. I think it was because I was smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment